This is a tour of my garage micro shop on wheels. It is an introduction to my design concept and an invitation to collaborate as I build/develop a super-efficient micro shop that maximizes the use of bench-top tools.
This is my first ever YouTube video…or published recording ever so please bear with my less than efficient editing, cropping, etc. I've tried to maximize the description and keep it to around 10:00 minutes total. I will continue to document the shop as it develops and post updates as each machine is added to the bench!…I hope you enjoy!
Design Concept, Intent/Goals:
* Must be easily disassembled
* ~4'x8' usable workbench top
* must roll/fit into a garage bay
* Must fit into moving crates when disassembled
* Integrated storage for tools near where they will be used
* Outfeed for table saw must support 4×8' sheet of plywood both for length cuts and width cuts
* Must have shared support surfaces with minimal interferences for all machines
* Maximize shop workflow efficiency
*integrated dust collection
*Built as a basic frame assembly that can be modified/improved easily over time
* Bench must support 1000#
*all machines/tools permanently fixed or usable within one minute